Structural Firefighting Materials
Nomex NK230 utilises the excellent wear characteristics inherent in the Nomex IIIA fibre blend and adds a unique 3-dimensional construction. By creating extra volume in the back of the fabric more insulating air is trapped delivering measurable improvements in thermal protection.
Nomex is an aramid fibre manufactured by DuPont. Nomex is inherently flame-resistant and this property cannot be degraded by laundering. Nomex is unaffected by most acids, except for some strength loss after long exposure to hydrochloric, nitric, and sulphuric. It has generally good resistance to alkalis. Nomex has excellent resistance to mildew, aging and abrasion.
For clothing applications, it is offered is various formats.
Pioneer™ marked the introduction of new technology in the TenCate outer shells. Pioneer™ is an outer shell that delivers enhanced strength in a lightweight outer shell. A highly engineered, innovative twill weave ensures a good range and ease of motion that firefighters need on the job. Pioneer™ is designed to be 10& lighter than comparable outer shells while still delivering the strength and durability that firefighters need.
TenCate Caldura is a leader in thermal barrier fabric, and has a smooth, slick face cloth that allows you to move in and out of your gear with ease. Utilising batts blended from DuPont Kevlar and Nomex, TenCate Caldura allows you to select the proven protection and performance that best suits the needs of your department. TenCate high-performance fabrics provide protection, comfort, durability, and excellent value.
- Comfortable, thin, and flexible
- Excellent total heat loss (THL) for greatest heat stress relief
- Slick Face Cloth - For easier donning and doffing.
- Durable - Resistant to snagging, pilling, and abrasion.
- Wickwell Plus - Unmatched wickability moves perspiration away from the body and spreads moisture for improved dissipation, keeping you drier and more comfortable.
T-Gard I Plus & III Plus
- Lightweight, durable Nomex/ FR Viscose 50/50 face cloth
- Soft, comfortable handle
- Rip-resist weave on face cloth for added durability and strength
- Incorporates 1 or 3 layers of Nomex/ Kevlar/ spunlace batt technology DuPont Sontara E89
- Thinnest, lightweight thermal protection available
- Reduced bulk for greater mobility and comfort
- Excellent tear and tensile strength performance
- Non-slump feature
- Multi-layered construction traps more air for excellent thermal protection
As a world leader, Stedfast Inc. provides the Fire Service industry with products that meet and exceed the requirements of Fire brigades around the world. STEDAIR® 3000e and STEDAIR® 3000d Moisture Barriers have been developed to meet and exceed the technical requirements of EN469, the European for Fire-Fighters' Protective Clothing and AS/N254967: 2009, the Australian/New Zealand standard.
The enhanced bi-component membrane is comprised of an expanded PTFE (Teflon) matrix having a continuous hydrophilic and oleophobic coating that is impregnated into the matrix. This provides improved adherence of the seam tape and superior quality for seam protection. The moisture barrier meets and exceeds all the requirements of EN 469 Level 2. Also includes viral penetration resistance, blood-borne pathogen penetration resistance, and chemical penetration resistance.
Nomex spunlace substrate with polymer spacer dots laminated to a breathable PTFE Membrane
- Complaint to EN 469 Level 2
- Resistant to viral penetration
- Compliant to NFPA 1971-2007
- Fire Resistant
- Resistant to chemical penetration
- High breathability
- High THL
- Resistant to heat and thermal
See our range of Structural Firefighter Clothing.
Wildlands Firefighting Materials
TenCate Tecasafe® plus
TenCate Tecasafe® Plus delivers superior electric arc and flash fire protection in a comfortable lightweight fabric. It performs to the NFPA70E and NFPA 2112 standards and lasts longer than FR treated fabrics, making Tecasafe Plus a great value. Unlike other protective fabrics, it is inherently flame-resistant. So, the unique FR protection comes built-in, and won't wash out or wear out.
TenCate high-performance fabrics provide protection, comfort, durability, and excellent value.
- Inherently flame resistant
- FR properties are built in, and won't wash or wear out
- Exceeds NFPA 70E HRC 1, HRC 2, and NFPA 2112 performance standards
- Comfortable to wear
- Soft and breathable. Superior moisture management because of special cellulosic fiber content.
- Exceptional durability
- Outstanding abrasion resistance and better strength retention after multiple commercial washes.
- Outstanding laundered appearance
- Fabric retains its like-new look and maintains a permanently pressed appearance better - than other protective fabrics.
- Excellent value
- Long life cycle and competitive price mean the lowest cost.
See our range of Wildlands Firefighter Clothing.