Dangers of an ArcFlash

Dangers of an ArcFlash

WorkSafe QLD Film Promotes Arc Safety Awareness   


WorkSafe QLD’s latest arc flash safety film highlights the dangers of an arc flash, which can happen in an instant and can set fire to clothing, severely burn human skin, and even cause death.

 

An Arc Flash is an electrical current that is passed through the air when insulation or isolation between electrified conductors is no longer sufficient to withstand the applied voltage. The extremely high temperatures of these arcs are about four times as high as that of the sun’s surface (about 20,000°C).

 

Queensland currently holds the title for the highest number of arc flash incidents in Australia, with 47 serious incidents and one death in the last 11 years. As the video demonstrates, WorkSafe QLD are emphasising that the best way to eliminate the risk of an arc flash is to choose not to work live. If this is not possible, then it is crucial that electricians control the risks, don the appropriate PPE (such as Elliotts wide variety of ArcFlash PPE) and follow safe work procedures.

 

For more information, visit: https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/safety-and-prevention/hazards/electricity/electrical-arc-flash

CONTACT US

If you'd like to learn about our safety products or need some expert advice on which safety gear to get for your needs, feel free to contact us at Elliotts Australia. We would love to assist you! Call us on 07 3265 2944 or send us a message.

 

Related Products

ArcSafe® X50 Switching Coat & Leggings Kit with Beekeeper Hood
ArcSafe® T40 Switching Coat & Leggings Kit with Beekeeper Hood
ArcSafe® T9 Switching Coat & Leggings Kit with Beekeeper Hood
loader
Loading...
loader
Loading...